Are you bothered with the problem of bad breath? If so, you are not the only one. Most of the people are on the list these days. This is mainly due to unhygienic oral condition, unclean tongue, or some gut issues. But sometimes a healthy denture can give bad breath.
Here are a few tips to get rid of bad breath aka Halitosis,
Brush teeth twice a day with toothpaste. This ensures that plaque and tartar doesn’t build up on teeth, which is a major cause of halitosis.
– Use a mouthwash regularly.
– Flossing is usually neglected by many, but it is very important. A lot of microbes are present between teeth which can only be cleaned by flossing.
– Another thing that people don’t usually do is clean the tongue. Also, it keeps the gums healthy.
– Visiting a dentist every six months is important. Professional cleaning (scaling) is necessary to remove tartar from the teeth.
– Drink adequate water, at least eight to 10 glasses a day.
– Eat low calorie small meals every two to three hours.
– Avoid garlic, onions and alcohol.
– Get investigated for systemic conditions like gastritis, hiatus hernia, diabetes, liver disease, if the condition is not caused by bleeding gums and gum disease